Fire up the grill and make some Beer-Braised Brats with Mustard-Beer Sauce this summer!
Beer-Braised Brats with Mustard-Beer Sauce
- 3½ cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 2 (12-ounce) cans beer
- 8 bratwurst sausages
- 1 cup stone-ground mustard
- 8 hot dog buns
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- In a large deep skillet, bring onion, bell pepper, and beer to a low boil over medium heat; add sausages. Reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer (do not let fully boil), turning once, until sausages are cooked through, about 25 minutes. Remove sausages from skillet.
- Increase heat to medium-high, and cook onion mixture, uncovered, until most of liquid has evaporated, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in mustard. Serve at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Spray grill rack with nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Grill sausages, turning occasionally, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve on buns with mustard sauce and green onion.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!