This easy skillet meal combines a hearty meat sauce and fresh cheese tortellini, with no boiling the tortellini beforehand–it cooks right in the pan!
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 (5-ounce) package miniature pepperoni
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Italian cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook ground chuck, pepperoni, and onion over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbly; drain well.
- Stir in tomatoes and next 3 ingredients; stir in tortellini, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in parsley, and sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Use ground chicken or turkey for a lighter version of this dish or ground Italian sausage for a spicier version.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes and more by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!