Cozy up to a bowl of this hearty Beef, Wild Rice, and Mushroom Soup to warm up on a cold day.
Beef, Wild Rice, and Mushroom Soup
Makes about 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- ¼ cup sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (2.75-ounce) box quick-cooking wild rice
- 1 (32-ounce) box beef broth
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef tips and flour. Add to melted butter, and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove beef; set aside.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, and garlic to pan; cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, sherry, salt, and pepper, stirring to scrape brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in rice, broth, and beef. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes, or until rice is tender. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/