Serve these delicious Beef Tips in Gravy with your favorite seasonal vegetable.
Beef Tips in Gravy
Makes 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pounds beef tips
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (0.87-ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (12-ounce) bag medium egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat. Add onion; cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add beef tips and steak seasoning; cook until meat is browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together, ¾ cup water, Worcestershire, and gravy mix until smooth; stir into beef mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until meat is tender and sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes. Serve beef and sauce on egg noodles, and top with green onion.
Tip: Beef tips can also be labeled as sirloin tips or stew meat. You can also buy a sirloin tip center roast and cut it into cubes.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!