This delicious Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Sauce is a great main for your holiday menus.
Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Sauce
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (5- to 7-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black peppercorns
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Chopped fresh chives
- Garnish: roasted garlic, fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; place a wire rack on top.
- Place beef on rack. In a small bowl, stir together butter and garlic. Rub mixture all over beef, and sprinkle with salt and peppercorns.
- Bake until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 135° for medium-rare, 25 to 35 minutes, or desired doneness. Cover loosely with foil, and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and horseradish; top with chives. Serve sauce with beef. Garnish with garlic and rosemary, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!