Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1½ pounds beef tips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (4-ounce) packages sliced gourmet blend mushrooms
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 (12-ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons flour and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add beef tips, tossing to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just soft. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons flour, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in broth, wine, and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Return beef to skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and cream, and cook just until heated through. Serve over egg noodles. Garnish with thyme, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/