Serve this Beef Burgundy dish with a healthy helping of mashed potatoes for a full meal.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.4-ounce) bag frozen pearl onions
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (32-ounce) carton beef broth
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- Add beef to pan, and cook until browned on all sides. Using a slotted spoon, remove beef from pan; set aside. Add onions, mushrooms, and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Return beef to pan along with broth, wine, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 2 hours. Add carrots and peas; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes more.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!