Basic Buttermilk Biscuits are a versatile bread perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Basic Buttermilk Biscuits
Makes about 8 (3-inch) biscuits
Write a review
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into pats
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease a cast-iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, place flour. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut cold butter into flour until mixture is crumbly. Gradually add buttermilk, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn out dough, and knead lightly 5 times. Pat dough to ¾-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut dough, rerolling scraps as needed. Place biscuits on prepared pan.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Brush with melted butter, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!