Endlessly versatile, these panini are great weeknight dinners.
Barbecue Chicken Panini
makes 5 sandwiches
Write a review
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 10 slices Texas toast
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat panini press according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and next 4 ingredients. Spread mixture on one side of each slice of bread. Top 5 slices bread with 1 slice cheese.
- Shred chicken, discarding skin and bones. Place shredded chicken on top of cheese. Layer with red onion and remaining cheese slices. Cover with remaining toast slices, spread side down.
- Grill sandwiches according to manufacturer’s instructions for 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese melts and bread is toasted. Cut in half to serve.
- Omit the red onion for a kid-friendly version. For adults, cilantro leaves and tomato slices make great additions.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/