This delicious side dish is perfect for potlucks and summer gatherings.
Barbecue Baked Bean Casserole
Serves: 10 to 12
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 pounds shredded pork*
- 1 (28-ounce) can baked beans with bacon
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups crumbled cornbread
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pork, beans, barbecue sauce, tomato paste, and Worcestershire until combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Top with cornbread. Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Use your favorite cornbread recipe, or pick up a loaf from the bakery section of the grocery store.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!