This delicious Bar-B-Q Spaghetti recipe is adapted from The Bar-B-Q Shop. The eatery is featured in Pride of Place and Plate in the December 2017 issue of Cooking with Paula Deen.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle Dancing Pigs Original Bar-B-Q Sauce* or other tangy tomato-based barbecue sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- Dash of salt
- 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti noodles
- 2 pounds shredded smoked pork shoulder
- In a large skillet, bring barbecue sauce, sugar, onion, bell pepper, oil, liquid smoke, and salt to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring frequently, for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat; add pasta, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Drain pasta, and top with sauce and pork. Serve immediately.
*Available for purchase at thebar-b-qshop.com
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!