This indulgent Bananas Foster is a classic New Orleans sweet treat!
Makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup spiced dark rum
- ¼ cup cane syrup
- 1/16 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 medium ripe bananas, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter over low heat. Add brown sugar and cinnamon; cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes. Increase heat to medium. Add rum; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add cane syrup and salt; cook for 1 minute. Add bananas and pecans; cook for 2 minutes, stirring gently to coat bananas. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!