Ripe bananas and crunchy nuts bring moisture and flavor to these Banana Streusel Muffins.
Banana Streusel Muffins
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup whole buttermilk
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 15 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- For batter: In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in banana.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling two-thirds full.
- For topping: In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients until well combined; sprinkle onto batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes; serve warm.
- Use bananas that are very ripe for flavorful, moist muffins. Muffins can be made a day ahead and stored in an airtight container. Warm them in a 250° oven for about 10 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Find more great seasonal recipes like this in Paula Deen’s Holiday Baking 2016.