Banana Pudding Ice Cream
Makes 12 to 15 servings
Write a review
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5.1-ounce) box instant vanilla-flavored pudding mix
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 6 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- Garnish: vanilla wafers
- In a large bowl, beat cream at medium-high speed with a mixer until soft peaks form. Add condensed milk and pudding mix, beating until stiff peaks form. Add half-and-half, beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas until almost smooth; stir in lemon juice. Add banana mixture to cream mixture, stirring to combine.
- Pour mixture into container of an electric ice cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Stir in crushed vanilla wafers. Ice cream will be soft. If a firmer texture is desired, transfer ice cream to an airtight container, and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with vanilla wafers, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/