With fluffy whipped cream, fresh banana slices, and dulce de leche, these Banana Pudding Caramel Bars are slices of heaven that are always a hit come dessert time.
Banana Pudding Caramel Bars
Serves: Makes 9 servings
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 3 cups wafers)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (13.4-ounce) can dulce de leche
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Garnish: crushed vanilla wafers
- In a medium bowl, stir together wafer crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and salt. Using the back of a measuing cup, press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Spread dulce de leche onto prepared crust. Top with banana slices.
- In a medium bowl, beat pudding mix, cold milk, and cold cream with a mixer at medium speed until thick and smooth, about 2 minutes. Spread onto bananas. Spread whipped cream onto pudding. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving or up to 2 days. Garnish with vanilla wafers, if desired. Cut into bars to serve.