This Banana Pudding Bread Pudding is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
Banana Pudding Bread Pudding
Makes about 10 servings
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted pecans
- Maple syrup
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange bread and bananas in prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, salt, and eggs. Pour onto bread mixture, lightly pressing with a spoon. Cover and refrigerate for 1½ hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake, uncovered, until puffed and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans, and serve warm with maple syrup.
If you like this, here’s the classic Paula Deen Not Yo Mama’s Banana Pudding Recipe you might want to try.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!