This easy banana cream cake is baked and served straight from the pan.
Banana Cream Cake
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons whole buttermilk
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box banana cream instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: grated chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluff y. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in banana and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes. With the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes halfway through cake in ½-inch intervals.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until smooth and slightly thickened. Pour over top of cake. Loosely cover cake, and refrigerate for 4 hours. Spread whipped topping onto cake; garnish with chocolate, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- For the best flavor, use very ripe bananas that have dark spots on the peels.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!