Perfect for book club or movie night, this flatbread is a flavorful and easy appetizer to serve up. Feel free to mix and match your favorite toppings, but try this Balsamic-Fig Glazed Pear version first. You won’t regret it.
Balsamic-Fig Glazed Pear Flatbread
makes 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 medium Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup Fig Preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll dough onto prepared pan, and gently press into a 13x10-inch rectangle. Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together cheeses; spread over warm crust. Arrange pear slices over cheeses. In another small bowl, stir together preserves, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon rosemary; spread over pears.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!