A casserole dish full of cheesy baked spaghetti is comforting and convenient for any time of the year.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 4 ounces pepperoni, coarsely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly; drain. Stir in pasta sauce and pepperoni.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan. Stir in spaghetti and butter until well combined. Pour into prepared pan. Spread ricotta onto spaghetti. Spread meat sauce onto ricotta; top with mozzarella.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 35 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Kitchen Tip: This recipe can be divided between 2 (8-inch) square baking dishes. Bake one, and freeze the other for up to 1 month.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!