Baked Eggs and Grits are a go-to morning comfort food that satisfies hunger.
Baked Eggs and Grits
Makes 12 servings
Write a review
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups quick-cooking grits
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 12 large eggs
- Garnish: diced pimento, chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400º. Spray 12 (1-cup) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine broth and 2 cups water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and whisk in grits. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses, stirring until cheeses melt and mixture is smooth. Stir in diced pimento and parsley. Cool grits for 15 minutes. Divide grits among ramekins. Using the back of a spoon, press grits toward sides to make an indentation. Add 1 egg to each ramekin. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until eggs reach desired degree of doneness. Garnish with pimento and parsley, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/