Dress up spiced oatmeal with fresh blueberries and pears for a wholesome breakfast.
Baked Blueberry-Pear Spiced Oatmeal
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3¼ cups milk
- 1 (11.5-ounce) jar pear preserves*
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats and next 5 ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and next 3 ingredients. Stir milk mixture into oat mixture; fold in blueberries and pears. Spoon into prepared pan, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes or until center is almost set. Dot with butter pieces, and bake 10 minutes more or until top is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- *We used Braswell’s Pure Pear Preserves.
- Make ahead instructions: This dish can be prepared through step 2 and refrigerated overnight. Let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking as directed.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/