This Baked Apple-Cranberry Oatmeal is a hearty meal to enjoy for breakfast or as a delicious treat with a scoop of ice cream.
Baked Apple-Cranberry Oatmeal
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, halved, cored, and diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 orange, zested
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊. Spray a 2½-quart baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and next 6 ingredients. In a medium bowl, stir together oats, baking powder, and salt. Stir oat mixture into egg mixture until well combined; fold in all fruit, pecans, and zest. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!