This tasty meat loaf is perfectly wrapped in bacon!
Bacon-Wrapped Meat Loaf
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup minced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, halved crosswise
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together ground sirloin, garlic, eggs, onion, bread crumbs, parsley, milk, tomato paste, and steak seasoning until well combined. On prepared pan, shape mixture into an 11×5-inch rectangle. Top with bacon slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, hot sauce, and Worcestershire. Brush half of sauce on top and sides of meat loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Brush remaining sauce on top and sides of meat loaf; bake until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 160°, about 30 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!