Bacon-Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 pound bacon, halved crosswise
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- In a large saucepan, bring beans and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain beans, and add to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain beans well.
- Wrap 1 piece bacon around about 5 beans, and place seam side down on prepared pan. Repeat process with remaining beans and bacon. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, butter, and chili powder; spoon mixture over green beans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/