This delicious Bacon-Swiss Burger Casserole can be assembled and frozen for up to one month. Let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking as directed.
Bacon-Swiss Burger Casserole
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook ground chuck and onion over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbly; drain well. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients. Stir in penne and cheeses, and spoon mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bacon.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes and more by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!