Bacon and Cheese Quiche with Potato Crust
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (16-ounce) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, stir together potatoes, green onion, and butter. Firmly press potato mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese over potato crust. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and all remaining ingredients; pour over bacon and cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until puffed and center is set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/