Fried to perfection and coated with crumbles of bacon and blue cheese, this yummy potato salad is mouthwatering.
Bacon and Blue Cheese Fried Potato Salad
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup sliced green onion
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a Dutch oven, pour oil to fill halfway; heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°.
- Fry potatoes in batches until tender and deep golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove potatoes using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, hot sauce, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper; stir in potatoes, bacon, green onion, and blue cheese. Serve immediately.
Want to use your air fryer for this recipe? Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon canola oil. Working in batches, place potatoes in air fryer basket, and cook at 390° for 10 minutes. Shake potatoes, and cook until golden and tender, about 10 minutes more. Remove potatoes to a baking sheet.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!