Rice pilaf is a great alternative to potatoes for a family supper side.
Baby Bella Rice Pilaf
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 3 cups Texmati white, brown, wild, and red rice blend
- 4½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add rice, and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley and lemon zest.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!