Enjoy swiss chard in a new way in this hearty steak salad.
Autumn Steak Salad with Pumpkin Butter Vinaigrette
Makes 4 servings
Write a review
- ⅓ cup pumpkin butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (10-ounce) rib-eye steaks
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups chopped Swiss chard
- For dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- For salad: Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper, and drizzle with Worcestershire; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from skillet. Add steaks to skillet, and cook for 4 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand for 5 minutes; slice.
- Divide chard, cauliflower, and sliced steak among serving plates, and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/