Kale salad has been a trend for a while, so if you’re needing some new ideas to eat your greens, we’ve got you covered. Cook up some spaghetti squash and serve it with your favorite salad toppings and vinaigrette.
Autumn Squash and Kale Salad
makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeds scraped out
- 2 bunches fresh kale, ribs removed and chopped
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 small Honeycrisp apples, chopped
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place squash cut side down on prepared pan, and bake for 45 minutes or until tender. Turn squash cut side up, and let cool just enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over medium heat. Add kale, and cook for 30 seconds. Immediately drain, and spread onto several layers of paper towels to cool. Dry kale thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil and next 5 ingredients until well combined. Using a fork, scrape warm spaghetti squash into strands into olive oil mixture, and toss gently to combine. Divide kale, squash, apple, pumpkin seeds, and cranberries among serving plates.Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!