This Autumn Pear Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette is a healthy and savory dish.
Autumn Pear Salad With Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- ½ pound thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Bartlett pears, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 4 heads endive, leaves separated
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Let bacon drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. To drippings, whisk in olive oil and next 4 ingredients until well combined; keep warm.
- In a large bowl, toss together pears and remaining 5 ingredients. Add drippings mixture, tossing gently to coat. Top with cooked bacon. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!