This fall, feed everyone this hearty and delicious potato soup.
Autumn Loaded Potato Soup
Makes about 3 quarts
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (32-ounce) containers chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sliced green onion
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in pot. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth, salt, and pepper until smooth. Stir in potatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are very tender, and begin to fall apart, about 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream and 1 cup hot soup liquid; stir mixture into pot, and cook for 5 minutes. Serve with green onion, cheese, and bacon.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!