This delicious potato salad recipe is chock-full of hearty root vegetables.
Autumn Harvest Potato Salad
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced rutabagas (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced turnips (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups peeled and diced yellow potatoes (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2/3 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a large stockpot, combine rutabaga, turnip, salt, and cold water to cover by 3 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes, and simmer for 10 minutes more or just until vegetables are tender. Drain well, and let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients. Add celery, shallot, and potato mixture, stirring to combine. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!