The recipe for these easy lima beans came to Paula Deen from her Aunt Peggy.
Aunt Peggy’s Lima Beans
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 4 (16-ounce) packages frozen lima beans
- 2 (32-ounce) cartons chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package bacon, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large Dutch oven, bring all ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 3 to 4 hours or until beans are very thick, adding water if needed to just cover beans.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!