Enjoy the flavors of spring in this Asparagus Pesto Pasta.
Asparagus Pesto Pasta
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1¼ pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 (16-ounce) box bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- In a Dutch oven, add water to a depth of ¾ inch; add ½ teaspoon salt to water. Place a steamer basket in Dutch oven; add asparagus. Bring water to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge cooked asparagus into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain well, and cut asparagus into thirds, reserving ¾ cup asparagus tips in small bowl.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine remaining asparagus, ⅔ cup Parmesan, next 3 ingredients, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt; process until almost smooth.
- In a large serving bowl, stir together asparagus mixture, pasta, tomatoes, and reserved asparagus tips. Top with remaining ⅓ cup Parmesan.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!