These Asparagus Fries with Sweet Mustard-Dill Sauce are a savory treat.
Asparagus Fries with Sweet Mustard-Dill Sauce
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- For sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
- For fries: In a large saucepan, pour vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches; heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360°.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal and next 3 ingredients. Whisk in 1 cup cold water and egg until smooth.
- Working in batches, dip asparagus in cornmeal mixture to coat, letting excess drip off. Fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oil, and let drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Serve immediately with sauce.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!