Topped with buttered almonds, this Asparagus with Creamy Mustard Sauce is sure to pair well with your spring menus.
Asparagus with Creamy Mustard Sauce
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream, mustard, lemon juice, and salt.
- In a Dutch oven, bring 2 quarts water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, and cook for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well, and transfer to a serving plate. Top with cream sauce and almonds; serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/