Asparagus, Corn, and Tomato Salad
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 (1-pound) bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus; when water returns to a boil, remove asparagus using a slotted spoon, and immediately plunge into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain, and place asparagus in a large bowl.
- Add corn to boiling water, and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle. Using a sharp knife, cut kernels from cob, and add kernels to asparagus along with tomatoes, shallots, and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and all remaining ingredients until combined. Add to asparagus mixture, tossing gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/