Meatballs are experience a resurgence in popularity. Serve up these Asian chicken meatball lettuce wraps at your get-together.
Asian Chicken Meatball Lettuce Wraps
Write a review
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- Garnish: yum-yum sauce (see note), crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken and next 9 ingredients. With wet hands, divide mixture into 18 portions, and shape each portion into a ball. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of meatball registers 165°. Serve in lettuce leaves with carrot and green onion. Garnish with yum-yum sauce and red pepper, if desired.
- Yum-yum sauce is a creamy dipping sauce that is commonly found in Japanese steak and sushi restaurants. Look for it in the Asian foods aisle of grocery stores.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/