A spicy pesto of arugula and walnuts makes the dressing for this quick and easy orzo pasta salad. It will keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Arugula and Walnut Orzo Pasta Salad
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh arugula
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 (16-ounce) package orzo, cooked according to package directions and rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce) package mozzarella pearls
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine walnuts and next 3 ingredients. Pulse 5 times or until coarsely chopped. Add olive oil, lemon juice, and seasoned salt; process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- In a large bowl, stir together arugula mixture, orzo, mozzarella, and bell pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes and more by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!