Fall in love with this delicious apple tart with butterscotch sauce.
Apple Tart with Butterscotch Sauce
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 pounds peeled, cored, and thinly sliced Golden Delicious apples
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- ¾ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- On a lightly floured surface, stack pie crusts, and roll into a 14-inch circle. Fit into a 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom, letting excess dough extend over sides of pan.
- Place apple slices in pan, fanning out decoratively. In a small bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, apple pie spice, and cornstarch. Sprinkle over apples. Fold excess crust over apples, and pleat edges. Brush crust with beaten egg mixture, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 10 to 14 minutes more or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan while still warm, and let cool completely on a wire rack. 5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until sugar has dissolved. Stir in cream and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla, and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Serve with apple tart.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/