Enjoy the taste of apple and pecan by serving this sweet monkey bread at breakfast or after dinner.
Apple-Pecan Monkey Bread
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1¼ cups chopped peeled Braeburn apple
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (25-ounce) package frozen Parker House rolls, thawed according to package directions, and each roll halved
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. In another small bowl, stir together apple and pecans.
- Roll each piece of dough in melted butter, then in sugar mixture. Place half of dough pieces in prepared pan. Sprinkle apple mixture on top of dough pieces. Top with remaining dough pieces. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (85°) until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake for 1 hour, covering with foil after 35 to 40 minutes to prevent excess browning. Immediately invert bread onto a serving platter; let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!