There is nothing quite like the coziness of enjoying these warm apple and oatmeal cookies with a glass of cold milk.
Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen
- 2¾ cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons apple pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled Golden Delicious apple
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats and next 4 ingredients. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add egg, beating until combined. Beat in 1⁄4 cup milk and vanilla. Stir in chopped apple and oat mixture. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons milk; drizzle onto cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is set, about 20 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!