Enjoy autumn’s favorite fruit in these quick and easy treats.
- 1 (17.3-ounce) box frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup canned apple pie filling
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut 6 circles from each pastry. Place on prepared pan.
- Spread cream cheese on pastry circles to within ¼ inch of edges.
- Using kitchen shears, cut apples in pie filling into small pieces. Spoon 1 tablespoon pie filling into center of each pastry circle. Using fingertips, fold up edges of dough to form a border, pressing lightly. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water; lightly brush onto dough edges.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, 11 to 13 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!