Store-bought caramel topping and ice cream dress up this quick apple brown betty dessert.
Apple Brown Betty
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 8 cups peeled, cored, and sliced Granny Smith apples (about 4 large)
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Butter pecan ice cream
- Garnish: caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, stir together apples, cider, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour mixture into a 2-quart baking dish.
- In same bowl, stir together oats, flour, brown sugar and melted butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle onto apples.
- Bake until apples are tender and topping is golden brown, 35 to 45 minutes. Serve warm with butter pecan ice cream. Garnish with caramel, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!