Enjoy this Apple-Bourbon-Walnut Butter on your favorite bread or add a healthy dollop to your morning oatmeal for an extra burst of flavor.
Makes 1 pound
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups peeled, cubed Granny Smith apple
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground mace
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (1-pound) package unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat; add apples, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Add brown sugar and next 3 ingredients. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until sugar is melted. Remove from heat, and let cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine 1 pound butter, walnuts, bourbon, salt, and apple mixture. Beat at high speed until combined. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 5 days, or freeze up to 3 months.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!