“This Amaretto Cream Pie is definitely for grown-ups to enjoy.”—Paula
Amaretto Cream Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped sliced almonds
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 (0.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup almond liqueur
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cracker crumbs, almonds, melted butter, and granulated sugar until well combined. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl,
- stir together ¼ cup cold water and gelatin; let stand until softened, about
- minutes. Heat gelatin mixture on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted (about
- minute total). Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar with a mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add liqueur, beating until smooth.
- In another large bowl, beat cream with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form; stir in gelatin mixture. Fold cream cheese mixture into cream mixture, and spoon into prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving or up to overnight. Garnish with almonds, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!