Almond Rice Pudding
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups cooled cooked white rice
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ⅓ cup chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, and butter. Whisk in sugar, spices, salt, and extract until combined. Stir in rice, almonds, and dates. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/