Espresso and nuts makes these cereal treats a bit grown up.
Almond–Mocha Cereal Treats
Makes about 2 dozen
Write a review
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal*
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 (4-ounce) bars semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows; cook, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in cereal and slivered almonds until well combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, pressing to an even thickness.
- In a small saucepan, cook cream and espresso powder over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until powder is dissolved. Add chocolate, and cook, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Spread chocolate mixture onto cereal mixture in pan, and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
- *We used Rice Krispies.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!