These Almond Basil Deviled Eggs are a refreshing and delicious take on the classic version with sliced almonds, fresh basil, and garlic.
Almond Basil Deviled Eggs
Makes 24 servings
Write a review
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Garnish: fresh basil, sliced almonds
- In a large saucepan, bring eggs and cold water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand for 15 minutes; drain. Fill saucepan with cold water and ice; let stand until cool. Tap eggs firmly on counter until cracks form all over shell; peel under cool running water.
- Halve eggs lengthwise; separate yolks and whites. Place egg whites on a serving platter.
- In a medium bowl, combine yolks, sour cream, mayonnaise, almonds, basil, salt, and garlic; mash together with a fork to desired consistency. Spoon or pipe mixture into egg whites; garnish with basil and almonds, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!